Why do it?
Feira Preta in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a fair created by Adriana Barbosa. In 2009, Flow Funder Marcel Calvacanti donated funds to bring more diversity to the fair with afro-indegenous people from other traditional communities across Brazil.
Flow Funding is:
- a proactive form of giving – rather than a reactive method that involves saying yes and no to requests and proposals
- a way to allow large amounts of money to flow out in a sane and meaningful way through many small grassroots grants
- an opportunity to make giving money away an adventure as opposed to a burden
- healing to philanthropists who are wounded or burned out
- building a sense of connection and community that grows through trust
- a way to cut back on overhead and paperwork
- a way to empower visionaries to be philanthropists